Posted inSin categoría
PATIENT INDICATIONS, BRACES
- O Once your braces have been placed, you will go through an adaptation period (time to get used to your new braces). It is suggested you cut in small bits and pieces your food, this way it will be easier to chew. Start with a “soft diet” the first couple of days (rice, steamed vegetables, soups, etc.).
- A AVOID hard, chewy and sticky foods. For example: peanuts, hard candy, carrots, bubblegum and gummies.
- I In case you feel excessive pressure or discomfort in your teeth, ONLY take Tramadol or paracetamol (acetaminophen). The discomfort will be gone in 1-3 days.
- I If there is something hurting your cheeks or gums, first use the wax to cover the brace or wire that is hurting your cheeks/gums.
- I If there is a cut or wound in your inner cheeks or lips, please use “kanka” (numbing cream) or “perioxidin gel”.
- I If a brace dettaches, it is important to save/keep the brace and make an appointment as soon as possible to place it again. In case you lose the brace, there will be an additional cost for placing a new brace.
- D Dental hygiene is crucial for the success of any orthodontic treatment. Brush your teeth with an ORTHODONTIC TOOTHBRUSH after every meal, this to avoid any gathering of calculus/plaque and swollen gums. Doing otherwise, will affect the resin from your braces.
- I It is necessary to use dental floss specific for braces (SuperFloss) or use a WaterPik to remove any food debris and dental plaque in between your teeth and braces.
- S Schedule your dental appointments punctually and don´t let more than 30 days between each appointment.