Posted inSin categoría
PATIENT INDICATIONS INVISALIGN
TAKING CARE OF YOUR ALIGNERS:
- DO NOT eat foods and beverages with high sugar content with your aligners on, this to avoid any cavities or tooth damage.
- AVOID drinking coffee, teas, red wine, turmeric, or any food/beverage that can stain your aligners.
- You can brush your aligners with a regular toothbrush and toothpaste. For a thorough cleaning, place your aligners once a day for 10 to 25 minutes in a container with baking soda diluted in water.
- Store your aligners in their case, avoid placing them in napkins or pockets/purses, this will damage them and misplace/forget them.
FOR A SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT:
- On the top right corner of each packet (bag) there is a sequence or number for each aligner. Please follow the sequence and make sure you are using the correct aligner.
- Aligners should be worn a minimum of 22 hours a day. Only remove them to eat and brush your teeth. If aligners are not worn for the required hours, there will be delays in your treatment.
- It is necessary to schedule your dental appointments punctually to replace your aligners.
- It is important you store your previous aligners (in the same packet/bag) before placing the new set of aligners.
- If you lose an aligner, it is necessary you contact us so we can do a follow up in your case.
- Dental hygiene is essential for any orthodontic treatment. Brush your teeth after every meal to avoid gathering of calculus/dental plaque and swollen gums. Doing otherwise will affect the resin/attachments on your teeth.
- It is necessary you schedule your dental appointments periodically to evaluate the progress of your treatment and make sure everything is going accordingly.
In case of an emergency, doubts, or comments, please contact us.